Thursday, November 17, 2011

Crocheted Snowflakes

When I was a little girl I used admire my gram's doilies. They were so delicate. As I got older I came to realize that some one actually made these beautiful master pieces, and I wanted to be able to make them too, but I didn't even know how to crochet. I tried a number of times to learn from a number of different people. 

There were a couple of sister missionaries serving in our ward. They asked me to give them a ride to a sister in the ward, so that they could be taught how to crochet (on their P-Day). I told them that I would gladly drive them on the condition that I could stay and learn too. Mary Ann McMillian was the sweet women who taught me how to crochet. She blessed my life by teaching me a skill that I had wanted to learn for a long time. Now I often use his skill/talent to make other people know that they are loved.. I've been able to make afghans for babies, cancer patients, family members, and friends...and here is one of my most favorite crocheted item that I make every Christmas.

I make my snowflakes out of a number of different materials; embroidery thread, yard, #10 Cotton thread---the possibilities are endless

Here are some great snowflake tutorials by Crochet Geek 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it may not appear immediately due to comment moderations